Click on the cover below to view the content
Discover Maths (South Africa) is a series of textbooks
and workbooks which adopts a learner-centred and lively
teaching and learning Mathematics effectively.
Discover Maths (South Africa) for Grades 1 to 3 contains and maintains the original content and
methods that have been used and proven effective in Singapore.
Completely aligned to support teaching in accordance with the CAPS, Discover Maths
(South Africa) forms a complete programme for Grades 1 to 3. Materials are presented in a
logical sequence throughout the grades and mastery of the material is expected before pupils
move on to the next grade.
- Warm Up creates opportunities for class interaction and
discussion. It also highlights essential learning outcomes.
- Stop-Think-Go consists of questions that encourages pupils to
reflect on and apply what they have learnt.
- Let's See In Everyday Life relates Mathematical concepts
taught to everyday life experience.
- Work It Out allows teachers to have a quick assessment of
pupils' understanding at the end of each teaching section.
- Enrichment engages and challenges pupils with fun-filled
activities to promote creative and critical thinking.
- It develops
higher-order thinking skills and social skills in pupils.
- Wrap It Up summarises important concepts and formulae at the
end of each chapter.
Discover Maths provides a fun and relevant experience for
the learning of Mathematics.
It leads pupils to discover the beauty
and power of Mathematics.